Thursday, May 31, 2007

Accents and Elimination

This cyber-shrink stuff is already effective! I have identified a trend in my thinking after only five posts. I seem to only describe myself by what I am NOT! I am not an electrician. I am not smart. I am not a writer, and I'm definitely not a clown.

Now, for analysis: 1) I may not know who I am. Perhaps I am whittling down all of the possibilities until I exhaust what I'm not and see what is left. 2) Most of what I have listed in the "not" category are things I fear. Electricity can cause fires, which I have feared since a family friend's house burned down in the late 70's. I fear smart because it's laden with responsibilities and commitments. I fear clowns because, well, doesn't everybody? If this theory holds true, then I can also say with confidence that I am not a bear, I am not in a small closet, and I am not Barack Obama.

For my therapy I self-prescribe some good, old-fashioned positive thinking. I hereby commit - well, let's not go that far - will try to describe myself in the affirmative.

I am exhausted.

No comments: