Sunday, March 9, 2008

Vacca girls - seen one, you've seen 'em both

Is there a name for an emotion that reflects simultaneous comfort and unease? That nebulous feeling is exactly what hit me upon reading my sister's Spring Break post. It is comforting, no doubt, to have someone in this world who is as near to your "twin" as un-biologically possible, but it is also somewhat eerie to go to someone else blog to find strikingly similar material to what has been knocking around your own brain for the past hour!

I, too, am basking in the radiant glory of SPRING BREAK! At 10:52 on Friday morning I was suddenly and miraculously cured (at least temporarily) of several acute symptoms: hand cramping, shortness of breath, racing heart rate and fear of watches.

In my joyous haze, my energies turned immediately to the home fires. I asked the children what I used to do in our old, tranquil routine that they had been missing in our new, chaotic lifestyle. My dear son predictably listed several meals he'd been craving, homemade mac & cheese first and foremost. My daughter readily agreed, which proves that my familial worth is primarily culinary.

With their input in mind, I made my own list of Spring Break goals, and planned to share them here with the world (which, I found, was not such an original idea):

1. Write page 9 of my book
2. Clean out the Master Bedroom closet.
3. Cook
4. Plan my spring garden, and, weather permitting, clean up the flower beds
5. Start reading the books my husband bought me for Christmas
6. Clean my desk
7. Eliminate old magazines (there ARE some differences between my sister and I)
8. Apply a special wood cleaner to our cherry floor
9. Plan an outing for the children

I hope to make as much progress as my sister seems to be making on her list. We have no British Shops around to my knowledge, but I'm sure our holiday will be just as memorable. Cheerio!

1 comment:

ballast photography said...

This is truly eerie, even the overlap in list content. You do realize, of course, that this means I'm not orignial either...we'll just have to hope that the old, shop worn adage "great minds think alike" reflects some kind of reality.